Individual(free and easy to get started)
- Teachers can Search, View and Like any public content (including all articles, videos, books, podcasts, and more)
- Content Producers can create their own “school” around their content for teachers and students to find
- Any community, company or team can create their own library of learning resources, or “university” of content for their community
- Anyone can Save links to articles, videos, books, podcasts, slides and more…
- Anyone can Create chunks (collections of videos, articles, books, podcasts, etc)
- Anyone can Create courses (collections of chunks)
- Like something? Anyone can Follow their favorite courses and people
- Copying: Do you like the way someone else combines links to videos, articles and documentaries? Do you think their chunk nicely explains a hard-to-explain topic? Rather than recreating a collection of links to the same publicly available content, we allow you to easily click “copy” and automagically have your own collection of links, which you can then edit or add your own content to the collection
- Chunk management: If your chunks start getting too big, this feature will give you the ability to split one big Chunk into two smaller ones
Private(hide your courses and chunks)
- Includes everything in the FREE individual plan, PLUS…
- +PRIVACY: For people or teams who don’t want to share what you are working on. And for teams that want Internal Courses just for your internal team, we allow you to Keep any of your Chunks or Courses private
- Includes everything in the PRIVATE plan, PLUS…
- +Branding: Add your own logo to Courses or Chunks for personalized branding
- +COLLABORATION: Would you like to make a common chunk or course, and allow multiple members of your team to edit that shared collection? This plan allows you to Add your team for easy Collaboration
- Note that only one person (admin) needs to have the paid TEAM plan. You can then invite other people to collaborate, even if they are on the FREE individual plan, or any other plan.
- API (coming soon)
- Embed courses on your own website
Click “copy”, and save any content into your own collection
Any organization can use Course Chunks to create their own learning center.
Find and share open educational resources for your courses
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get started?
- Login or Signup
- Search our collections, and feel free to copy (save anything).
- Do you have a favorite article (or podcast, video, book, etc)? Save a new article (or video)
- Combine articles, books, videos into new Chunk by putting some articles and videos together
- Combine chunks together, and create a new Course
What does "Chunking" mean?
"Chunking" is the idea of breaking down a big (hard to understand) concept into smaller pieces.
The idea of "chunking" is used in teaching, and is nicely explained by Dr. Barbara Oakley, University of California, San Diego: "When you first look at a brand new concept it sometimes doesn't make much sense... Chunking is the mental leap that helps you unite bits of information together through meaning. The new logical whole makes the chunk easier to remember, and also makes it easier to fit the chunk into the larger picture of what you're learning."
What are "Chunks"?
Chunks are collections of educational resources such as articles, videos, podcasts, books, and more... Learn more here
Who uses Course Chunks?
Content Producers: Writers, Bloggers, Video Producers: Easily create courses around your online content, and create ‘schools’ of learning resources around your writing, making it easy for online communities to find your content
Teachers: We help teachers find great content
Communities and Teams: Easily create a shared knowledge bank for your organization, and develop a collaborative learning center for your team
How much does it cost?
Please see our pricing page
What is the difference between "Chunks" and "Courses"?
A "chunk" is a collection of articles, videos, books, blogs, etc...
A "course" is a collection of chunks. Put your chunks together, and give them super-powers 🙂
How do I make "chunks"?
Signup Today For Instant Access
Join today and get access to Course Chunks to Create your own Educational Collection!