Frequently Asked Questions
What does the word "Chunking" mean?
"Chunking" refers to the process of breaking down complex concepts into smaller, more manageable components. This teaching technique is commonly used to help individuals better understand difficult material. Dr. Barbara Oakley from the University of California, San Diego describes "chunking" as a mental leap that enables individuals to connect pieces of information together through meaning. By creating a logical whole, the newly formed "chunk" becomes easier to recall and integrate into the bigger picture of what is being learned.
How to get started?
What are "Chunks"?
- Small bite-sized collections of educational content
- Chunks are small packets of learning resources
- They can contain links to books, articles, videos, podcasts, notes, lectures, and more!
How much does it cost?
- It is free to login, and to view all of the publicly-shared content
- Some courses cost money. To access the paid-course material, you will need to login, pay and enroll in those courses.
- Please see our pricing page for more details
Who uses Course Chunks?
- The courses are open anyone
- Most of the paying customers are adults, working in creative companies, and innovative communities
How can I contribute to an existing course?
- Save your content
- Then, suggest that content to someone else's course. If that course sells, you will earn a share of the revenue $$.