Frequently Asked Questions
How to get started?
What are "Chunks"?
- Chunks are collections of educational resources such as articles, videos, podcasts, books, and more.
- In general, each chunk should be the smallest possible collection of materials necessary to help a person understand a particular topic
- Learn more: Watch our FAQ videos
Who uses Course Chunks?
- Anyone who wants to save links to online content
- Also, developers. Ask us about the API access
How much does it cost?
- It is free for most users
- We have a premium option for teachers who want to integrate with their LMS. Pease see our pricing page for more details
How do I make "chunks"?
What does "Chunking" mean?
"Chunking" is the idea of breaking down a big (hard to understand) concept into smaller pieces.
The idea of "chunking" is used in teaching, and is nicely explained by Dr. Barbara Oakley, University of California, San Diego: "When you first look at a brand new concept it sometimes doesn't make much sense... Chunking is the mental leap that helps you unite bits of information together through meaning. The new logical whole makes the chunk easier to remember, and also makes it easier to fit the chunk into the larger picture of what you're learning."
Learn more: Watch our FAQ videos
Get one update per month
Signup to receive a monthly update