FreeOpen to the public
- Visit our website, and see all the free content. You will see that we have a lot of content. And, yes, it really is free! Why is it free? Because we want people to share this content widely!
- If you want to create your own Chunks (mini-courses), please select the creator option for $5 per month (about the price of a coffee). Why do we charge for that? Because we are a bootstrapping startup, and your small contribution will help us to keep going! (think of it as a small “tip” for the developers if you like what we are doing!)
- In the future, we will be allowing creators to sell their courses
CreatorMake your own mini-courses
- Includes everything in the free website, plus you can…
- Log in to Save links to your favorite articles, videos, books, podcasts, slides and more…
- Curate your own research collections into chunks & courses
- Follow, save, or like anything
- Fork, Copy and Remix: Do you like the way someone else combines links to videos, articles and documentaries? Do you think their chunk nicely explains a hard-to-explain topic? Rather than recreating a collection of links to the same publicly available content, we allow you to easily click “copy” and automagically have your own collection of links, which you can then edit or add your own content to the collection
- Split: If your chunks start getting too big, this feature will give you the ability to split one big Chunk into two smaller ones
- Add your team: Collaboration tools, so that multiple members of same team can edit a shared collection. Multiple people can add content to a shared chunk or course.
- Branding: Add your own logo to Courses or Chunks for personalized branding
- Embed courses on your own website. Your students never need to navigate away from your course or website! We offer a full integration. Get Course Chunks functionality right in your own class!
- API (for developers)
- LMS Canvas Integration (for professors)
- Contact us to discuss additional options and pricing plan
Purchase Courses(coming soon)
- Coming soon…
- You set your own price for your courses
Website developers can build on Course Chunks using our well-documented API
Course Chunks makes it easy to collaborate. Save, Collect & Share Educational Resources.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get started?
What are "Chunks"?
- Chunks are collections of educational resources such as articles, videos, podcasts, books, and more
- Learn more: Watch our FAQ videos
Who uses Course Chunks?
- Anyone interested in taking control of their own learning: You can save content you find on the internet, and make your own courses (in a format that you can return to and find content that makes sense to you!)
- Any team or community building an educational library. You can create your own library of learning resources for your community, and then export your collections back to your own website using our embed tools (or our API, if you are a developer)
- Any teacher, professors, or instructional designer: You can save links to random stuff you find on the internet, and then export your collections directly into your courses using our Canvas LMS integration
How much does it cost?
Please see our pricing page for more details
What is the difference between "Chunks" and "Courses"?
- A "chunk" is a collection of articles, videos, books, blogs, etc...
- A "course" is a collection of chunks. Put your chunks together, and give them super-powers 🙂
- Learn more: Watch our FAQ videos
How do I make "chunks"?
How do I create a new "Course"?
What does "Chunking" mean?
"Chunking" is the idea of breaking down a big (hard to understand) concept into smaller pieces.
The idea of "chunking" is used in teaching, and is nicely explained by Dr. Barbara Oakley, University of California, San Diego: "When you first look at a brand new concept it sometimes doesn't make much sense... Chunking is the mental leap that helps you unite bits of information together through meaning. The new logical whole makes the chunk easier to remember, and also makes it easier to fit the chunk into the larger picture of what you're learning."
Learn more: Watch our FAQ videos
Signup Today For Instant Access
Join today! Save, Collect and Share Educational Resources with Course Chunks!